Dairy free and Suitable for vegetarians.
This pudding is quick to make ….about 10 minutes from brain to stomach!
Use the best quality cocoa you can find.
(You need a microwave!!)
100g caster sugar
100g ‘pure’ sunflower spread
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
75g self raising flour
25g green and blacks cocoa powder (not drinking chocolate)
pinch of salt
Provamel dairy free soya custard to serve
1) Prepare a 1 litre pudding basin (it must be microwave safe, and preferably have a removable lid). Smear a little bit of sunflower spread around the bowl, not too much. A dusting of flour is not required.
2) In a separate bowl cream the sunflower spread and sugar together until well blended.
3) Put the flour and cocoa powder together in a separate bowl, add the salt and sieve to mix and incorporate some air.
4) Add the vanilla essence to the beaten eggs and gently whisk to combine. Add half the eggs to the butter and sugar along with a tablespoon of the flour/cocoa, and mix it all together thoroughly
5) repeat step 4.
6) Sieve in the remaining flour/cocoa and gently combine using a ‘folding in’ technique to incorporate as much air into the mixture as possible.
7) Transfer the mixture into the prepared pudding basin and loosely attach the top, so that the pudding is vented as it cooks.
8) Microwave for 5 minutes at 70% power (800w microwave oven)
9) When cooked, immediately take off the lid and let the pudding rest for 2 minutes whilst you warm the custard.